The heart of the Elastic Stack
Elasticsearch is a distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine. The Elasticsearch engine is capable of addressing a growing number of use cases – centrally storing your data. Considered the ‘Heart of the Elastic Stack’, Elasticsearch enables you to discover the expected, and uncover the unexpected.
– The ability to ask your data questions- query and analyse all searches
– Get answers instantly from all your collected data – change the way you interact with your data
– Elasticsearch works with all data types – numbers, text, geo, structured and unstructured
Your window into the Elastic Stack
Kibana, a.k.a. ‘The Window of he Elastic Stack’, enables you to visualise all of your data gathered from Elasticsearch. Kibana lets you fully navigat the Elastic Stack – your centralised viewing point – allowing you to do anything from tracking query load, to understanding flow requests.
– Complete control over the way in which you shape your collected data
– Explore location data, and visualise custom layers and vector shapes
– Advanced time-series analysis on your colleated Elasticsearch data
– Detect and uncover anomalies hidden in your data through advanced machine learning
Lightweight data shippers
Forming an integral part of the Elastic Stack, Beats is the platform for single-purpose data shippers. These lightweight data shippers send data from hundreds upon thousands of machines right into the Elasticsearch and Kibana elements. Beats sit on your servers, or deploy as functions, and gather data and ship straight into your Elasticsearch engine.
– Simplify collecting, parsing and visualising common log formats
– Gather the logs and metrics from your tailored environments and track data lineage
– Beats makes sure you have the context you need
Centralise, transform and stash your data
Logstash is the dynamic data collection pipeline of your Elastic Stack. With a huge plugin ecosystem, this open source, server-side data processing pipeline, ingests data from a multitude of sources. This ingestion is simultaneous, transforming the data and sends it to your favourite/delegated ‘stash’.
– Ingest, transform and ship your data regardless of format or complexity
– Pull in events from a bundle of sources, all at the same time
– Parse and transform your data on the fly