Friday 2nd October 2020
Microsoft 365 Security – Branding Changes for Defender and Azure
- Tags: Microsoft Security
Microsoft announced – at their 2020 annural Ignite gathering – a unique approach that empowers security professionals to get ahead of today’s complex threat landscape with integrated SIEM and XDR tools. This means, that from a single vendor, you can achieve end-to-end threat visibility across all of your resources.
Included in this new approach are multiple branding changes across the Microsoft Security portfolio, which are highlighted below.
Microsoft 365 Defender
- Microsoft 365 Defender (previously Microsoft Threat Protection)
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (previously Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection)
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365 (previously Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection)
- Microsoft Defender for Identity (previously Azure Advanced Threat Protection)
- Azure Defender for Servers (previously Azure Security Center Standard Edition)
- Azure Defender for IoT (previously Azure Security Center for IoT)
- Azure Defender for SQL (previously Advanced Threat Protection for SQL)
Want to see the full announcement? Microsoft Delivers Unified SIEM and XDR to Modernize Security Operations